Old Greying Accountant
My intention is not to offend, so don't be offended - but I don't suffer fools gladly (I don't like the competition).
My comments are either sensible answers to sensible questions, they are p**s takes for lazy questions or they are just rants about the absurdity of modern life. If Gordon Brown hadn't nicked my pension I would be off doing something useful by now
I am just a forty something accountant prematurely aged by red tape and litigation avoidance. If we cover our backs as the ACCA/ICAEW/government wants, apart from not being able to stand under the weight we would have no time to actually do any work.
The only satisfaction is that I never have or never will vote Labour, and all those who did - I told you so, I hope you are happy now?
That said, the state of things today I don't know that I will vote at all, unless it is for a military coup - I think General Dannatt has shown he is far more competent than any MP!
My advice when dealing with HMRC:
- @ Gubbins ... 01/10/2014 - 16:20
- That's the point ... 01/10/2014 - 15:24
- That's the stupid thing ... 01/10/2014 - 14:22
- We are talking .... 01/10/2014 - 14:11
- This would be funny ... 01/10/2014 - 13:40
- That's the beauty of democracy ... 01/10/2014 - 13:24
- It's a balance ... 01/10/2014 - 13:03
- 10 years, pah ... 01/10/2014 - 12:45
- There is hope ... 20/09/2014 - 13:45
- How cool is this ... 05/08/2014 - 23:09
- Getting better 10/07/2014 - 21:48
- Super-sized sculpture 19/06/2014 - 15:41
- Watch the birdie ... 02/06/2014 - 15:31
- Send them to school at 2! 03/04/2014 - 09:21
- Beautiful Ironies 28/02/2014 - 11:04
- About time ... 28/01/2014 - 10:31
Member since: 26 Jun 00:02
Member since: 20 Jun 14:33
Member since: 17 Jan 13:28
Member since: 04 Oct 12:26
Member since: 20 Jan 13:22
Member since: 19 Aug 21:25
Member since: 04 Nov 12:16
Member since: 18 Apr 17:41
Member since: 02 Jul 13:51
Member since: 02 Jun 16:52