Old Greying Accountant
My intention is not to offend, so don't be offended - but I don't suffer fools gladly (I don't like the competition).
My comments are either sensible answers to sensible questions, they are p**s takes for lazy questions or they are just rants about the absurdity of modern life. If Gordon Brown hadn't nicked my pension I would be off doing something useful by now
I am just a fifty something accountant prematurely aged by red tape and litigation avoidance. If we cover our backs as the ACCA/ICAEW/government wants, apart from not being able to stand under the weight we would have no time to actually do any work.
The only satisfaction is that I never have or never will vote Labour, and all those who did - I told you so, I hope you are happy now?
That said, the state of things today I don't know that I will vote at all, unless it is for a military coup - I think General Dannatt has shown he is far more competent than any MP!
My advice when dealing with HMRC:
- nothing about ... 05/02/2016 - 22:29
- 9988904 04/02/2016 - 21:20
- I don't think a £1000 saving ... 04/02/2016 - 20:13
- Yes ... 04/02/2016 - 17:23
- Because he is in full time employment ... 04/02/2016 - 17:21
- I assume ... 03/02/2016 - 19:32
- That's 2 things I've learnt ... 03/02/2016 - 17:28
- Exactly ... 02/02/2016 - 17:32
- Something wonderful for "Once" 12/01/2016 - 14:42
- The penny drops at last ... 09/11/2015 - 15:25
- Thought I had gone mad ... 29/07/2015 - 14:18
- Two chance pictures today, but not for the squeamish ... 27/06/2015 - 21:30
- What goes on in childrens heads 07/06/2015 - 17:43
- Oh happy days .... 27/05/2015 - 13:19
- So the last Musketeer ... 24/04/2015 - 21:07
- Bye bye Scotland ... 09/04/2015 - 09:39
Member since: 26 Jun 00:02
Member since: 20 Jun 14:33
Member since: 17 Jan 13:28
Member since: 04 Oct 12:26
Member since: 20 Jan 13:22
Member since: 19 Aug 21:25
Member since: 04 Nov 12:16
Member since: 18 Apr 17:41
Member since: 02 Jul 13:51
Member since: 02 Jun 16:52