Old Greying Accountant
My intention is not to offend, so don't be offended - but I don't suffer fools gladly (I don't like the competition).
My comments are either sensible answers to sensible questions, they are p**s takes for lazy questions or they are just rants about the absurdity of modern life. If Gordon Brown hadn't nicked my pension I would be off doing something useful by now
I am just a fifty something accountant prematurely aged by red tape and litigation avoidance. If we cover our backs as the ACCA/ICAEW/government wants, apart from not being able to stand under the weight we would have no time to actually do any work.
The only satisfaction is that I never have or never will vote Labour, and all those who did - I told you so, I hope you are happy now?
That said, the state of things today I don't know that I will vote at all, unless it is for a military coup - I think General Dannatt has shown he is far more competent than any MP!
My advice when dealing with HMRC:
- If you use IRIS ... 30/03/2015 - 23:39
- This means ... 30/03/2015 - 13:21
- To me, I shudder visibly ... 29/03/2015 - 17:53
- The way I read it ... 29/03/2015 - 17:42
- Erm ... 26/03/2015 - 12:45
- @ Stepurhan ... 26/03/2015 - 12:33
- So on that basis ... 26/03/2015 - 12:13
- The question is ... 26/03/2015 - 11:49
- Ah well ... 25/03/2015 - 16:56
- Alas, the Turtle is still ... 12/03/2015 - 16:03
- I love Lucy ... 10/03/2015 - 11:54
- How good can it get? 09/03/2015 - 09:47
- Life gets better .... 03/03/2015 - 22:05
- Life is good at the moment ... 19/02/2015 - 16:29
- Getting there! 10/11/2014 - 00:37
- OMG,, what have I done! 22/10/2014 - 00:27
Member since: 26 Jun 00:02
Member since: 20 Jun 14:33
Member since: 17 Jan 13:28
Member since: 04 Oct 12:26
Member since: 20 Jan 13:22
Member since: 19 Aug 21:25
Member since: 04 Nov 12:16
Member since: 18 Apr 17:41
Member since: 02 Jul 13:51
Member since: 02 Jun 16:52