Old Greying Accountant
My intention is not to offend, so don't be offended - but I don't suffer fools gladly (I don't like the competition).
My comments are either sensible answers to sensible questions, they are p**s takes for lazy questions or they are just rants about the absurdity of modern life. If Gordon Brown hadn't nicked my pension I would be off doing something useful by now
I am just a forty something accountant prematurely aged by red tape and litigation avoidance. If we cover our backs as the ACCA/ICAEW/government wants, apart from not being able to stand under the weight we would have no time to actually do any work.
The only satisfaction is that I never have or never will vote Labour, and all those who did - I told you so, I hope you are happy now?
That said, the state of things today I don't know that I will vote at all, unless it is for a military coup - I think General Dannatt has shown he is far more competent than any MP!
My advice when dealing with HMRC:
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 09/12/2013 - 12:52
- US shares in a SIPP 05/12/2013 - 09:35
- VAT on building work 27/11/2013 - 11:39
- Whilst there are some clever ... 29/10/2013 - 14:14
- Paper tax returns 21/10/2013 - 11:53
- Latest spam scam! 18/10/2013 - 11:26
- Hmmm, interesting ! 07/10/2013 - 15:58
- CONFERENCES/SEMINARS for accountants 07/10/2013 - 12:45
Member since: 26 Jun 00:02
Member since: 20 Jun 14:33
Member since: 17 Jan 13:28
Member since: 04 Oct 12:26
Member since: 20 Jan 13:22
Member since: 19 Aug 21:25
Member since: 04 Nov 12:16
Member since: 18 Apr 17:41
Member since: 02 Jul 13:51
Member since: 02 Jun 16:52