I help professionals, mostly accountants and lawyers become the Go-To-Expert. After joining BDO LLP in 2004, I have now almost clocked up ten years working predominantly with accountants helping them achieve their career and business goals. Unusually for someone with an Engineering Degree, I accidentally became a writer and used my knowledge on social media to write the current best-selling and award-winning book on networking, The FT Guide To Business Networking. In 2012, the book i always wanted to write, 'How to make partner and still have a life' was published. In March 2014, my next book, 'The Go-To-Expert: How to build your reputation, differentiate yourself from the competition and win business' is published. People frequently talk about me as someone who really knows her stuff – which may be the reason I have, over the last decade, worked with over 300 partners, coached and trained over 2000 professionals at every level of the UK’s most ambitious professional practices.
I am honoured to have been asked to judge the British Accountancy Awards in 2011 and 2012. I am a member of the Accountant's Club Global Advisory Panel, and write regularly on practice management issues for CCH.
Myself, and Jon (my co-director) are approved Growth Accelerator Coaches. This means that we can typically get funds from the government of £2k+ for our accountancy clients, to offset our coaching fees, who are serious about growing their practice over the next three years. Click here for more details of how you can access these government funds and how one of our accountancy clients has used these funds to grow her turnover by nearly 50% and her profit by over 200%
The types of work I am currently helping my small professional practice clients with, includes:
- helping a £100k t/o practice grow to £1m by helping the owner lead & grow her team, plus tighten up their processes and systems
- working with a £1m t/o practice to grow to £2m by generating more leads, and getting more work from existing clients
- enabling a £300k t/o practice grow to £1m by helping it sort out it's profitability by adding in efficient systems and processes, and increasing the quality of the lead generation by marketing to a niche (see what the client has to say about how we have already helped them grow their profit by 200+%)
- facilitating the growth of a one man band practice into a 3 person practice by helping increase the lead generation and conversion rate of leads, plus keeping the practice owner accountable to his goals.
The Excedia Group was founded by myself and Jon Baker to bring clarity, perspective and knowledge to help our clients achieve their business goals. We specialise in working with highly technical individuals, typically lawyers and accountants, helping them to get out of their comfort zone and build a profitable and sustainable client portfolio whilst handling the challenges of leading a business.
My work splits into about 50% Executive & Business Coaching with Partners & potential partners, with the rest split between training, consultancy and writing.
My articles & quotes regularly appear in the press, e.g. FT, Guardian, Accountancy Age, Accounting Today, Economia, ACCA's publications. I regularly blog at Partnership Potential, venture-Now, Joined up networking and How to make partner.
To book me for a speaking engagement please contact my PR Agency, Meerkat PR, on 020 8563 0182, and ask for David Stoch. For any other work related enquiries, please contact me directly.
My clients have included: Deloitte LLP, KPMG LLP, BDO LLP, Haines Watts, MSI Global Alliance, UK200 group, Macintyre Hudson LLP amongst others.
- 1 of 29
- Validity of the survey 13/07/2014 - 19:25
- We are not here to mislead... 17/05/2014 - 14:06
- This is actually what happens if you click on the link... 17/05/2014 - 11:11
- Check directly with the ICAEW 16/05/2014 - 09:44
- You can't please everyone all the time 06/04/2014 - 21:07
- Work out your financial requirements for the short term 25/03/2014 - 12:12
- highly recommend Alan... 04/02/2014 - 18:41
- If I retrained as an accountant 04/02/2014 - 07:06
- how to delegate with confidence 09/11/2015 - 09:26
- 6 Essential Tips to Avoid Trouble on Social Media 06/11/2015 - 09:48
- A lesson from my cycling trip to help you build your own practice 23/10/2015 - 11:39
- How to pitch your business case for partnership 16/10/2015 - 09:38
- Reflections on Practice Excellence 2015 29/09/2015 - 14:28
- What are the pros and cons of making partner? 24/07/2015 - 11:18
- How to follow-up without being a nuisance 17/07/2015 - 08:00
- Get the most out of any conference - essential actions to make it worthwhile 03/07/2015 - 07:55