The idea for QX was born in 2003 while Chris was watching a Newsright program on Outsourcing in India. The program showed young Indian call center workers, enthusiastically selling office products over the phone to customer overseas. It was clear to Chris that these individuals were not only excited and motivated, but highly educated too. He wondered what would happen if you gave such individuals more rewarding work – if you moved them up the ladder and gave them more complex business tasks to carry out.
At the time, Chris and his business partners in a medical recruitment company JCJ Ltd were wondering where to site their second office. Chris, a KPMG-trained chartered accountant, and his partners, former clients of his from his days as an audit partner of a Yorkshire management consultancy, had bought the locum agency in October 2002 and the business was growing fast. Armed with his bright idea – that placing locum doctors into hospitals and medical practices could be done as readily from the Indian subcontinent as it could from Skipton – Chris set about researching locations, finding premises and a local partner and employing his first 15 staff – tasks he achieved by and large over the phone.
The groundwork for the Indian office of the medical agency came together by mid-2003, and the company’s managing director was preparing to leave England to spend four months in Ahmadabad overseeing the business’s first phase. Unfortunately, she fell ill, and so a problem arose. The overseas venture was already underway and needed management input. Chris' fellow directors felt that he was the obvious candidate to replace their ailing MD. ‘It was a case of “This was your bright idea; off you go”,’ he says.
Successfully, he setup JCJ Ltd in the same building we are located now. One thing led to another, and today we are a 250+ strong company working for small to large enterprises in the UK.
Today, QX is a leading provider of outsourced Finance & Accountancy, and Recruitment Process services for to both public and private limited companies in the UK. We offer F&A, Payroll, Recruitment, IT and other back office solutions. Please click on the link to visit QX's website.
QX has its headquarters in Skipton, North Yorkshire with an operations facility in Ahmadabad, India.
- It's a little unfair 07/03/2013 - 11:54
- Hi pushtheriver, 07/03/2013 - 11:12
- Thanks for sharing your 01/06/2012 - 10:32
- Payroll Bureau 01/06/2012 - 09:25
- @sandy 03/05/2012 - 13:55
- Outsourcing is no longer a 03/05/2012 - 13:51
- There's a certain Slant of light 02/05/2012 - 13:26
- Hello 18/01/2012 - 17:02
- 6 Reasons why UK Businesses Should Outsource Their Finance and Accounting! 15/03/2013 - 10:53
- The Most Magnificent Benefits of Finance & Accounts Outsourcing 21/01/2013 - 15:44
- Eleven Benefits of Offshoring Your Payroll 11/09/2012 - 11:40
- Top 4 Problems UK Accountants Face Today, Everyday! 06/06/2012 - 11:19
- When Outsourcing Goes Wrong - Top 3 Reasons! 23/05/2012 - 08:32
- 3 Tell-Tale Signs That You Need To Ship Offshore 02/05/2012 - 13:43
- Ahmedabad - Best Indian City For F&A Outsourcing 20/04/2012 - 16:27
- Top 4 Payroll Outsourcing Myths You Can’t Afford To Believe 18/04/2012 - 13:39