Trained originally with the then Inland Revenue. Worked with Baker Tilly and then Mazars, which included six years as tax partner. Took up a writing role with CCH for eight years, writing their commentary on capital allowances, business taxes and employment taxes. Also ran my consultancy business, Claritax Ltd, alongside.
In 2011 I launched Claritax Books, publishing tax books by barristers, accountants, solicitors and others. The books are designed to be complementary to what is available elsewhere, offering greater depth or a more practical approach to particular topics.
Alongside my publishing business, I took on a part-time role as a tax director (capital allowances) with my former firm Mazars, with effect from 1 February 2013.
Ray Chidell MA (Cantab), CTA (Fellow)
- Capital allowances 13/11/2013 - 16:38
- Lots of issues to consider 28/10/2013 - 10:39
- Clear it 28/10/2013 - 08:27
- Possible to avoid a tax charge 28/10/2013 - 07:58
- Salary sacrifice 19/10/2013 - 20:05
- Messy case law 11/10/2013 - 15:48
- Grey areas 10/10/2013 - 17:57
- No relief for partial reimbursement of fuel costs 10/10/2013 - 17:50