Trained originally with the then Inland Revenue. Worked with Baker Tilly and then Mazars, which included six years as tax partner. Took up a writing role with CCH for eight years, writing their commentary on capital allowances, business taxes and employment taxes. Also ran my consultancy business, Claritax Ltd, alongside.
In 2011 I launched Claritax Books, publishing tax books by barristers, accountants, solicitors and others. The books are designed to be complementary to what is available elsewhere, offering greater depth or a more practical approach to particular topics.
Alongside my publishing business, I took on a part-time role as a tax director (capital allowances) with my former firm Mazars, with effect from 1 February 2013.
Ray Chidell MA (Cantab), CTA (Fellow)
- Almost! 16/05/2013 - 15:44
- Almost? 16/05/2013 - 12:09
- AIA partnership - resignation of corporate partner 15/05/2013 - 23:06
- Different for directors? 15/05/2013 - 22:37
- Wide exemption for training costs 14/05/2013 - 23:34
- Accounting and tax treatments 14/05/2013 - 08:34
- Thank you 14/05/2013 - 08:26
- Thanks for the various contributions here 01/05/2013 - 15:13