M&R Tax Advisers Ltd. is a firm of tax consultants which specialises in assisting, advising and representing clients in disputes with HM Revenue and Customs (‘HMRC’). The Directors are both ex-Customs Specialist Investigators with extensive experience both within the Department and in the private sector.
We specialise in issue resolution with HMRC. We have expertise both in indirect (VAT, excise duties and customs duty) and direct taxes. We are highly experienced in HMRC legislation and regulations and in the Tribunal rules and procedures which govern appeals submitted to the Tax Tribunal against decisions made by HMRC. We guide professional advisers through the process of a HMRC tax enquiry.
We have successfully represented clients in negotiated settlements with HMRC’s Civil Investigation Fraud teams, thereby guaranteeing immunity from criminal prosecution for our clients.
We advise on appropriate levels of due diligence to be conducted by businesses upon their suppliers, customers and other business partners; and upon requirements under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
We are authorised by the Bar Council to instruct Barristers directly in proceedings in both the Tax Tribunal and the High Court. We are a quality assured supplier of services.
We are contributors to Tolley Guidance, the online service which provides practical advice for tax practitioners. In addition, we regularly submit articles for publication in ‘De Voil Indirect Tax Intelligence’.
- Interesting replies 28/04/2016 - 11:15
- HMRC still not a joined up department 08/04/2016 - 20:35
- Refuse entry 21/03/2016 - 12:44
- Outcome of HMRC Webinar 19/02/16 22/02/2016 - 18:00
- HMRC Webinar 18/02/2016 - 11:43
- Make a formal complaint 10/02/2016 - 16:55
- Form VAT 68 27/01/2016 - 12:26
- MLR comes to the rescue 13/01/2016 - 18:11
- Dividend Vouchers 25/04/2016 - 19:14
- SAGE Instant accounts upgrade 2013 & 2014 16/12/2013 - 12:19
- Money Laundering Registration 31/10/2013 - 11:50
- Apple mini mac 21/06/2013 - 16:41
- Why has SAGE done this? 15/04/2013 - 16:13
- Tax Tribunal Appeals -only for solicitors? 06/12/2012 - 18:56
- MLR disclosure question 05/11/2012 - 12:33