An accountant by profession, Mark moved away from the provision of professional advice in 2006. He is now a professional speaker, mentor, facilitator, author and debunker.
Mark Lee is a realist and regularly debunks myths and hype related to his areas of interest and expertise. His keynote talk for audiences of accountants is How to STAND OUT and be more than 'just another accountant'.
Mark is passionate about helping accountants generally so is a keen blogger and commentator in the accounting and tax press. He writes a popular weekly column for AccountingWeb where he is consultant practice editor. He also runs The Inner Circle for Accountants.
Mark stopped giving tax advice himself despite being a past Chairman of the Chartered Accountants’ Tax Faculty. He is however Chairman of the Tax Advice Network - the UK's largest network of vetted independent specialist tax advisers - providing a weekly practical tax update for accountants in general practice and full tax support, on demand too.
Mark has extensive network reach through his blogs, talks, social media activity, articles and his regular newsletters that go to thousands of accountants every week.
- Many years ago, in a land far away 09/01/2016 - 17:41
- Linkedin is more important than social media generally 05/01/2016 - 16:43
- Building a more successful practice 05/01/2016 - 15:09
- Well done everyone 23/12/2015 - 08:04
- A quiet roar perhaps 23/12/2015 - 07:36
- Small business stats 10/11/2015 - 17:46
- Good luck to Pete 30/10/2015 - 18:16
- Can I offer some observations? 27/10/2015 - 13:09
- Online client tax return checklists 08/05/2014 - 14:31
- What practice focused topics cause you concern? 27/03/2014 - 15:45
- HMRC refusing tax relief for networking costs 07/10/2013 - 20:45
- Changes to HMRC Business Economic Notes 21/05/2013 - 16:27
- Calculator sought for interest on long overdue tax 21/05/2013 - 16:23
- What do you say when your client asks you about a tax scheme? 29/03/2013 - 17:07
- Is this true re Child Support Agency and service companies 16/08/2012 - 12:33
- New payment scheme for family therapists forcing them onto PAYE 25/06/2012 - 14:39
Member since: 11 Dec 15:47
Member since: 18 Jun 22:49
Member since: 02 Sep 23:18
Member since: 31 Jul 11:05
Member since: 23 Jun 16:17
Member since: 28 Feb 14:23