Need any help? Please let us know
The Practice Mechanic | Interview with Glenn Martin
You'll hear from:
About this session
Every episode, Mark Telford sits down with an accountant in practice and look under the bonnet of their accountancy practice.
In this episode, Mark talks to Glenn Martin, award-winning accountant and business growth specialist who needs little introduction. The owner and CEO of Northeast firm Avery Martin is a long-standing Any Answers regular better known to AccountingWEB members under his nom de plume of Glennzy. Away from the site Martin was recognised as a top five client service firm at the Accounting Excellence Awards 2018 and even took home Xero’s UK best sole practitioner accolade at the software company’s 2018 Xerocon extravaganza.
In a wide-ranging discussion, Mark and Glenn will talk about the reality of being in practice. What it was like starting out, how it is now and plans for the future.
All of the accountants interviewed over the next coming episodes have different approaches, skills and visions for the future. Mark will explore this as a way of encouraging others to ‘do their own thing’ and not follow the stereotypical approach of an accountant in practice.
The Practice Mechanic interviews are designed to encourage people who:
• would otherwise have dismissed accountancy as a career completely
• are accountants in industry who had not considered a career in practice
• are working in practice but struggling with the lack of career development
• are already running their own practice but struggling or in need of support
• anyone who wants to hear what its really like to run their own accountancy practice
Please ensure details used to claim CPD points match those used when registering for this episode. Your certificate will be sent to you within 30 days of submitting your details.