Need any help? Please let us know
Healing your mind - How to treat mental health issues
You'll hear from:
About the episode
COVID has undoubtedly had a negative impact on the mental health of accounting and finance professionals. Dealing with stressed and worried clients, keeping up with government guidelines, all while working remotely has led many close to burnout. As accountants face another year of uncertainty, it’s vital that mental health is addressed appropriately to enable a healthy and productive mindset.
In the first episode of the new season of People Matters host Lucy Cohen will be talking to mental health nurse Emily Fender on effective strategies to manage your mental health and remain fulfilled in your work even if you’re struggling. This episode is perfect for anyone who is feeling the fallout from the January deadline and wants to make a plan for the new year.
We’ll be covering:
- What is mental health?
- What might poor mental health look like?
- Common problems in the accountancy profession, such as, anxiety, depression, burnout.
- How to create a mental health plan that improves resilience and works for you.
After this session you’ll have a better understanding of the different ways that your mental health can affect your work, as well as strategies to manage your mental health effectively - especially during busy and stressful periods.
- Mental Health Awareness Week 2021
- Putting Mental Health at the Top of the Agenda
- Mental Health - What Employers and Staff can do
- Busy season: Mental health apps to keep accountants well
- Bridging the mental health gap with technology
- My story: Living with mental illness in the accounting industry
- Remote Working Crisis
Please ensure details used to claim CPD points match those used when registering for this episode. Your certificate will be sent to you within 30 days of submitting your details.