Entering the family firm
You'll hear from:
About this episode
Working your way up through a family business can be both daunting and set the bar high in terms of expectations. Taking over a firm also brings with it challenges and huge opportunities, but what is the reality of bringing both these factors together? Richard Sergeant will be joined by two accountants to share a story or two of what this has meant for our guest speakers and their clients.
As well as getting to know their personal journeys we’ll explore:
- The ‘push and pull’ of deciding to enter the family firm
- Managing the transition to become the firm owner
- How to make your own mark
- Identifying what needs to change and bringing the business with you
- And of course, managing the former owners! How well did they adapt?
Each guest brings a unique perspective to this situation, and opens up about the rewarding and often emotional aspects of picking up the mantle. Register now to claim your seat and put your questions to our panel.
- Flexible family firms survive, but lag on tech
- Accounting with the family: Can work and family life co-exist?
- Managing pandemic anxiety within your practice
Please ensure details used to claim CPD points match those used when registering for this episode. Your certificate will be sent to you within 30 days of submitting your details.