Need any help? Please let us know
Getting to grips with mandatory PII proposals
You'll hear from:
The first step to regulate the tax advice market? Will it be the last?
All those giving tax advice will be subject to a new requirement to carry a specified amount of Professional Indemnity insurance. This is part of HMRC’s proposals to improve the quality of tax advice, with an aim to find a balance between new burdens on business and protection for those using tax advisers.
This session aims to tackle the following topics:
- What is tax advice?
- Understanding what HMRC’s proposals are for mandatory PII
- How will this influence your firm directly?
- What impact will this have on future push for regulation of the tax advice market?
- What are the pros and cons of mandatory PII?
Rebecca will outline the proposals for you and then invite comments and discussion on the moves to regulate the profession and how members see this impacting them and the sector.
- Compulsory PII proposed to raise tax advice standards
- HMRC asks for evidence on tax advice standards
- Get the latest tax tips with Rebecca Benneyworth
Please ensure details used to claim CPD points match those used when registering for this episode. Your certificate will be sent to you within 30 days of submitting your details.