Share this content

1 year software licences

Where would you record annual renewable software licences

Didn't find your answer?

Continuously investing in 1 year renewable software licences.  We use 'Taxfiler' software for which there is no comparable heading.

So, would you record in 'software' or 'repairs and maintenance' or something else?

I do not see the need to record under fixed assets for obvious reasons unless someone disagrees with me!!


Replies (4)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Chris.Mann
01st Jul 2020 12:16

Firstly, it's revenue expenditure. I'd suggest a classification of; administrative expenses, extended to IT Software Licences?

Much depends on what emphasis you place on this, I'd have thought?

Thanks (0)
Routemaster image
By tom123
01st Jul 2020 12:39

At the level of a few pounds per month, I would put in with all the other IT costs - so software seems fine.

If it runs into thousands, I tend to create a prepayment, and have a software licences category that I therefore expect to be level each month.

Thanks (0)
By lionofludesch
01st Jul 2020 13:44

I record them under "Software".

Thanks (0)
Replying to lionofludesch:
By Gone Sailing
01st Jul 2020 20:00

If only Taxfiler would change "Software" to "Computing" my life would be so much easier!

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts