Share this content
8

2019/20 Payments on account not showing on HMRC

Same issue as 2018/19?

Didn't find your answer?

Just tried to log in to reduce my client's POAs for 2019/20 and they don't seem to have any data for that year at all on the agent portal.  
Has the POA issue for 2018/19 rolled into 2019/20 too?  
Or is this likely to be something else?

EDIT - Turns out they turned off her 2020 account as Self employment ceased.  Now reactivated and he is manually reinstating the POAs so I can reduce them!

Replies (8)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

avatar
By Wanderer
06th Feb 2020 08:27

accountantccole wrote:

 
Has the POA issue for 2018/19 rolled into 2019/20 too?  

Don't think so, I had:-
2017/2018 4 cases
2018/2019 12 cases
2019/2020 nil cases
Thanks (1)
By SteLacca
06th Feb 2020 08:50

I wouldn't be at all surprised. For it to be corrected for 19/20 would require HMRC to fix something, when we all know that they are far more adept at breaking things.

Thanks (1)
avatar
By Not Anonymous
06th Feb 2020 09:28

accountantccole wrote:

Just tried to log in to reduce my client's POAs for 2019/20 and they don't seem to have any data for that year at all on the agent portal.  
Has the POA issue for 2018/19 rolled into 2019/20 too?  
Or is this likely to be something else?

EDIT - Turns out they turned off her 2020 account as Self employment ceased.  Now reactivated and he is manually reinstating the POAs so I can reduce them!

Why you want them to manually reinstate them so you can reduce them? Surely you have just introduced the possibility of interest being charged if the claim to reduce turns out to be excessive?

Thanks (1)
Replying to Not Anonymous:
avatar
By SXGuy
06th Feb 2020 09:40

Why would it be excessive, if self employment ceased? no point splitting hairs over "other income" since clearly op and HMRC know more than we do.

Thanks (0)
Replying to SXGuy:
avatar
By Not Anonymous
06th Feb 2020 09:45

SXGuy wrote:

Why would it be excessive, if self employment ceased? no point splitting hairs over "other income" since clearly op and HMRC know more than we do.

I just don't understand the need to reinstate them? It seems to be bringing a small risk into play when leaving them as not created in the first place would mean if anything was payable it would always just be a Balancing Payment.

Thanks (0)
Replying to Not Anonymous:
Caroline
By accountantccole
06th Feb 2020 09:53

He indicated that turning the 2020 year back on would create interest charges once the final 2020 bill is calculated, so might as well get it right

Thanks (0)
Replying to Not Anonymous:
Caroline
By accountantccole
06th Feb 2020 09:51

He was adamant that was the way to do it! Its Non resident so I pretty much know what the tax will be as mostly disregarded income

Thanks (0)
avatar
By emanresu
06th Feb 2020 15:16

He indicated ... He was adamant ...

A plague upon ambiguity !

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts