Share this content

Accounts when striking off company?

Accounts when striking off company?

A friend incorporated a company in September, he hasn't traded as such, but has bought a van for company use.

He decided to close the business only two months later due to being offered a full time job.

My question is that as it has not traded, will he need to do accounts when the time comes, a tax return, ct600, annual return etc?

Although he has not traded it was still classed as an 'active' company on CH.

It was not dormant.

Many thanks guys.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

04th Jan 2013 16:52

You dont have to do anything...

...see my article on the subject Striking off a company - Get it Right 

The text says:

Companies Act (‘CA’) 2006 s1000 - gives the Company Registrar the legal right to strike off a company if he has reason to believe that the company is no longer in business. Proof will be in the form of failure to submit accounts and/or non response to letters sent to the company’s registered office.

But if you dont want to wait...

CA 2006 s1003 - gives the directors the right to apply for the company to be struck off'.

The article goes on to give the procedure in bullet point format


Thanks (0)
Share this content