Share this content

Actors tax and nic

Actors tax and nic

Actor client is late as usual with return. He has always been treated as self employed and I have adjusted for class 4 nic through tax return. (employed nic self employed tax)

This year however he has produced a paye income statement from HMRC for part of his earnings.

Am I correct in assuming that I enter this as earnings from employment rather than self employment ?

I would prefer to treat it as self employed because of the greater flexibility in claiming expenses.

many thanks for response and advice.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

By geoffmw
25th Feb 2011 07:17

you need to ensure

that he is on an NT code for all his work. Provided there is other work aapart from the work with tax under PAYE I would caharge the expenses in any case in his self employed accounts.

Thanks (0)
By Tosie
25th Feb 2011 09:41

thank you

Thank you I appreciate your advice.

Thanks (0)
Share this content