I need a bit of community help to fill in areas where my knowledge is weak. I've been aware for a few weeks of product updates for QuickBooks Online, but do not spend enough time with it to know which ones have been added in the latest round, and which which have been kicking around for a while.
From previous talks with Intuit, we've been expecting to see things like:
- Month-end client optimisation and bookkeeping review screens
- Cashflow Planner
- Open Banking - with ability to automatically categorise transactions imported using the standard OB interface. We have been hearing a few niggles about this.
- Payroll employee portal with timesheets and holiday requests
- CIS filing, with automatic reconciliation to bank feeds and payroll
- Payments: PayPal and iZettle payments built in
- Email receipt forwarding.
If you are a regular QBO user and have used any of these new functions, can you give an idea of their benefits and weakspots?
And are there any things you like in the new version that aren't on this list?
And if there are things you'd like to see that haven't made it into the product yet, do share too.
If I compare what I pick up from the company to how you're all finding it, it should make for a more informative news article. Many thanks, as always, for your help.