Share this content

ARE US child tax credits taxable in the UK?

US Citizen, UK resident receiving child tax credits

Didn't find your answer?

Client is a dual US/UK citizen, resident and domiciled in the UK. He filed a tax return in the US and received US child tax credits of $3,000. Is this $3,000 taxable and/or reportable in the UK, and/or is it considered income for the purpose of UK Child Tax Credits?

Thank you

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By chicken farmer
19th Mar 2019 12:42

You need to research the nature of 'US child tax credits' You may find that they cannot be taxed as income.

Thanks (0)
By David Treitel
20th Mar 2019 07:59

Child tax credits are in essence a social security benefit paid by the Federal government.

Thanks (0)
Share this content