To my regret, before going on my own, I did not gain any practice experience. Outside the practice world, my work experience is good and varied.
It would be very helpful to learn how practices operate. I would be grateful if you could share your practice experience, from an employee's perspective, and state the size of practice(s) you worked in. Feel free to share any aspect.
If you are able to comment on any the following, it would help me and I am sure others as well.
1. How did the employer(s) inform you to use a new system? Let's say a new practice management software. Was it YOU need to use it. No other option? Like it or lump it. Did the approach adopted by your employer work from the employee's perspective? And employer's perspective?
2. Time Sheet - How often were these completed? Were employee chased or reminded daily to complete time sheets?
3. How many hours a week was a full time working. I have seen a range of 35 hours to 40 hours. 40 hours with a pay matching 35 hours. How many days annual leave? More than statutory?
4. Flexi hours/ working from home was it allowed? How did it work?
5. Were they strict with their employees? For example, come on the dot at 9 am or whatever the start time.