My name is Chris and I wanted to ask you opinion/help with a new business that I am looking into setting up for myself.
As this is a company that hasn't started yet, I am still in the planning process and I am looking into finding the appropriate software for my needs.
The company will be printing stickers, initially through eBay/Amazon/Etsy and the likes and turnover will not by a long shot exceed £85k so I won't be looking to register for VAT (that's right based on what I read on HMRC. If not, give me a shout :) )
What do you think the best free software to use based on the below:
- Turnover probably won't exceed £5k/year for the first couple of years
- I will be doing a Limited company
- no employees involved, I will be the only person working
- No VAT registration necessary for the foreseeable future
- I will be selling through the internet, my website and eBay etc plus to some local stores
- I am an accountant during my day job but don't do all the HMRC stuff etc( I don't do Pnl Balance sheet Tax return myself but have a good understanding on how they are done)
- MTD coming soon for all submissions I think, should I get one thats committed to MTD? If not, how easy is to change accounting software for a small company such as mine?
I have looked into some websites that offer free software such as quickfile, Wave etc but since there is no testing enviroment I could find I am not sure if they are suitable for what i need.
What are your thoughts?
Thank you in advance