Would anyone like to exchange experiences and thoughts on the best online accounting software for handling PayPal transactions?
Until now I have "survived" on .csv / .xlsx / SUMIFS / journals, but it can't go on.
In particular, from the bank feed, the software needs to handle:
- gross / charges / net (not just net and work out the charges yourself and do a journal to gross up)
- dumping or ignoring 'non-balance affecting transactions'
- dumping or ignoring foreign currency transactions (as above)
- irregular transaction 'Types'
- transfers to/from current accounts and credit cards, handling timing differences and without duplication or omission
- anything else?
It would be nice to hear from QuickBooks / Sage One / Free Agent / Kashflow / Xero / ClearBooks etc.