Share this content

Big Firm

Big Firm

I have a client who may be about to realise a huge gain on the sale of some land.

My insurance cover isn't enough to cover me for the potential tax due

All in all id be happier if a bigger firm (someone i've heard of and can trust) would complete the tax return with the gain on

Any ideas?




Please login or register to join the discussion.

22nd Feb 2016 14:03

How can we recommend someone that you have heard of and can trust?

Thanks (0)
22nd Feb 2016 14:18

I suppose im wondering if anyone has ever done anything similar, I am thinking a big four to top ten firm really i suppose - although i don't know if they do this kind of work (and i suppose you will question if i should trust them!) 


Essentially im talking a big firm that we have all heard of and that i know will have the correct knowledge and skills, and that someone might have contact details for.



Thanks (0)
22nd Feb 2016 14:20

What sort of value are we talking? I can't envisage any job that can only be handled by the top 10.

Thanks (0)
22nd Feb 2016 14:22

Why not
Ask your pi bods how much cover would cost for this one off

Even if you do go to a bigger firm why not just get them to do the cgt comp?

Thanks (0)
22nd Feb 2016 14:42



Cheeky chappy

were talking tens of millions 


The innkeepeer


Yeah thats an idea - i just really want to make sure its spot on as obviously any mistake at that level would be a disaster!

Thanks (0)
23rd Feb 2016 10:26


Andrew Lines at BDO Stoy Hayward in Southampton is very good.

I have used him for large mergers, management buys outs and complicated large value tax issues.  On the basis that he is dealing with them every day & I might do one every 5 years. 

I have always found him trustworthy and BDO will have the pi insurance to cover high value cases.

I have tried to copy & paste you a link to his contact details, but for some reason my laptop is having none of it!

Good luck


Thanks (0)
Share this content