As part of our editorial planning , I put together a preview blog of next week's Budget announcements, but even as I was writing the thing, new leaks and predictions were breaking cover.
As we head into the weekend, all the papers will go into overdrive with their predictions. There are only so many social feeds, blogs and internet sources a human can track, and in the absence of the ultimate AI content bot I was hoping that AccountingWEB members can help us track new rabbits set loose ahead of next Wednesday. So far, the measures most likely to affect small business and their accountants include:
- IR35 off-payroll rules for the private sector (a bit of last-minute tinkering)
- The loan charge – hints of further changes
- Digital services tax – is Sunak ready to take on Trump and the US tech giants?
- Business rates review – a hardy annual that has yet to blossom
- Inheritance tax reforms, perhaps?
As we digest all the rumours, which ones do you think will actually appear in the Budget paperwork and which will give you the biggest headaches if they actually appear?
With your help, we can liven up our coverage and bring a more rounded analysis to the overnight reactions.
As always, we're looking forward to next week and hope to see some of you on the site during the day.