Share this content

Business losses/CGT

Can business losses be offset against a previous year's Capital Gains Tax payment?

Didn't find your answer?

If someone sold an overseas property during 2017/2018 and paid Capital Gains Tax on the profits made from that sale, would he/she be able to offset business losses for 2018/2019 against last year's payment and claim a refund?

Replies (6)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

New drvsash">Nh">Newfa5(vs="f re,App survival guidexmclassn2vtry5(vs1(vv clasttep-gui/login?fe,App sackgrodrvsApp skm=the-right-apps="primary-nav__link primary-nav__link--dropdown" iddiv>
5 ykS--ds-card- >o-the ink0ter to join the discussion. v /v> to jotep-gui/login?fe,App sackgroa href="/community/industry-insigsplay-single">25th Ma> in?feprimary-nav__link primary-nav__linrromm