Share this content

Canadian pension payments to UK res

Are withdrawals from Canadian RRSPs "periodic" or "lump-sum"?

Didn't find your answer?

Does anyone have a UK-resident retiree drawing pension payments from a Canadian RRSP?

I am clear that dividend income will be taxed as dividend income, and gains from disposals of shares to CGT where necessary, no problem.

But I am unclear on simple ad-hoc withdrawals from the fund that are just that, not deriving from income or gains but simply from the balance of the fund when it matured.

Are these "periodic payments" and therefore UK-taxable, as they would be if they were (for example) a monthly payment from the Canada state pension?

Or are they "lump sum payments" and therefore not UK-taxable?

Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has dealt with this in practice, thanks.

Replies (0)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.

Share this content