Share this content

capital gain rolled over on to house. Taxpayer retires and it becomes his PPR

living in new assets

Didn't find your answer?

My previous question was a bit long, which might be why no one has answered it yet.

The punch line  was , in 2002 a taxpayer rolls a capital gain over on one third of a private house, as he used it as his home office. He notified HMRC that no part of the room was exclusively used as office, but it was so during working hours, so he got roll over relief.  When he retired in 2010 he emptied the room of files, and it became part of his PPR. Question: Did a chargeable gain arise at that stage?

He was working through a limited company, to which he charged rent- with full disclosure in his SATR. 

Replies (0)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.

Share this content

Related posts