Ron Banerjee
Share this content

Capital gains on short term investments

Capital gains on short term investments

We have a client who has a company share trading account in addition to his normal trade. He has made losses on his share dealings. I was wondering if these can be offset against trading profits if we can show that they are short term investments. I remember reading somewhere that losses on short term investments can be used to reduce your corporation tax. Is this correct?


Please login or register to join the discussion.

05th Feb 2013 12:13

What's the trade?

Is your client a bank or insurance company?

Thanks (0)
Share this content