Share this content

Capital Gains Tax Property

Amending return

Didn't find your answer?

Submitted a 30 day CGT return for a non-SA taxpayer.  Now got payslip to 5 April 2021 and should amend return for actual income.  Can't trace the return on Government website (sigh), no obvious contact number, HMRC not answering phone, hate being a beta tester, giving up the will to live.

There is a small tax repayment, but the hassle far exceeds the repayment.  I think this might be quite common.  Thinking of just reducing the agreed fee and leaving the Capital Gains Tax as is.  

Sensible pragmatic approach?

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By lionofludesch
14th Apr 2021 16:11

It's certainly one solution.

Whether I'd knock 100% of the tax overpaid off my bill is a moot point. Whose fault was it? Don't forget that the taxpayer is saving your fee - is he really worse off ?

Thanks (0)
By Paul D Utherone
14th Apr 2021 16:40

There were reports a few days back (around 8 April IIRC) of old 30 day CGT returns having disappeared from that part of HMRC online, but it apparently sorted itself out a couple of days later. Maybe it is/was something to do with that and if you go back to your Agent Services Account - not your Agent Account covering SA, CT, etc., obviously as that would be far too sensible - maybe you will be able to find it again

Thanks (0)
Share this content