Share this content

CIS suffered repayment

Didn't find your answer?


has somebody heard about fill form called 'Claim refund of CIS deductions' if you are limited company' instead of submit EPS ?

Which one will be faster way to get repayment ?

Thank you :)

Replies (6)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By lionofludesch
09th Oct 2019 09:04

Yes - but it's not an alternative to an EPS.

You tell HMRC how much you've suffered on monthly EPSs and you can claim back the excess - if any - at the end of the year.

If you're looking for monthly repayments, afraid you're out of luck.

Thanks (1)
Replying to lionofludesch:
By LadySussex
09th Oct 2019 09:30

The thing is that previous accountant submitted the form forgetting to submit EPS. And my client is waiting lighly for repayment ... But it's not gonna be happen. What I need to do is submit oustanding EPS, am I right ?

Thanks (0)
Replying to LadySussex:
By jcace
09th Oct 2019 10:02

If an EPS hasn't been submitted reporting the CIS suffered, then that needs to be done for the relevant tax year.

Thanks (0)
By Goffey
09th Oct 2019 09:18

I too am having trouble obtaining a refund of CIS for a limited company. Although I have written in, submitted the EPS, telephoned CT and PAYE/Employers Helpline, am getting more and more frustrated about this. The last telephone call I put in, they promised to 'fast-track it' which brought forward the working time to 6 weeks! HMRC have subsequently sent the CT debt to debt managment, event though they are holding an excessive amount of CIS.

If anyone here has any magic remedies I would be grateful.

Thanks (1)
Replying to Goffey:
By SteLacca
09th Oct 2019 10:07

Speak to debt management with full details. I've done similar for one client and DM are holding back.

Thanks (0)
By rjkaccounts
09th Oct 2019 10:03

I've been using the claim online form for quite a while now and it seems to work quite well (surprisingly for HMRC) but they still take forever to pay out

Thanks (0)
Share this content