Thank you in advance for reading my question.
My company is VAT registered, can I claim back Input VAT by using till receipt without a commercial invoice? Basically the seller(my supplier) gives me a till receipt after I paid by card, and the till receipt contains
1. The seller's business name/address/VAT number
2. Item name/description, the 20% VAT calculation/total amount
3. My name
4. Date/time/location of purchase
5. As this is a till receipt printed by the till receipt printer, it does not have an invoice number, it does have some kind of till receipt index number
6. As I usually pay by debit card, it also prints the last 4 digit of my card number
7. The value of the good is over £500
By reading various HMRC document, it suggests I can claim Input VAT without a commercial invoice as long as I can provide proof of purchase, so I have above receipt, I have my card(this matches the last 4 digit printed on the receipt) and my bank statement to prove I made a purchase on the same date/time/location as the receipt indicates. Would this be enough to support my Input VAT claim?