Share this content

Company car and company fuel card

Company car and company fuel card

Didn't find your answer?

wants to pay for his private fuel. What is the best way to deal with this? If he records his private mileage and pays it back to the company at what rate per mile should it be repaid? Or is there a better way to record/deal with this?

Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

12th Jun 2009 10:54

Advisory Mileage Rates
The employee can use HMRC's Advisory Mileage Rates to repay his private mileage and, by doing so, avoid the Fuel Benefit Charge. The rates have recently been revised and the new rates that apply from 1 July 2009 are:

Engine size Petrol Diesel LPG
1,400cc or less 10p (10p) 10p (11p) 7p (7p)
1,401cc to 2,000cc 12p (12p) 10p (11p) 8p (9p)
Over 2,000cc 18p (17p) 13p (14p) 12p (12p)

The rates in brackets are those that applied from 1 Jan 2009 to 30 June 2009

Thanks (0)
Share this content