Share this content

Correcting an error on previous years rental accounts

Correcting an error on previous years rental...

I have a new client who rents out a property and has confirmed to me that the property is unfurnished.

However, looking at last years tax return wear and tear allowance has been claimed.

How can I correct this going forward as you are not suppose to swap?


Please login or register to join the discussion.

14th Jul 2012 11:24

File an amended return

You have until 31st January 2013 to file a corrected return for 2010/11, then do the 2011/12 return correctly.

What do you mean by "you are not suppose to swap"?  If the property was previously furnished, but you then remove the furnishings, you would have to swap because you could not claim the 10% wear & tear allowance.

Thanks (1)
Share this content