Share this content

Council tax on accommodation above pub

Council tax on accommodation above pub

If a client lives above a tenanted / leased pub as their main residence, am I correct in assuming that the council tax is not allowable, on the same basis that repairs and improvements to the accommodation are also not allowable, even if required to make the accommodation habitable.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

20th Apr 2012 11:49

Council tax on accom above a pub/B&B

I found this question while hoping that someone else may have answered it!

I have assumed that the domestic council tax is not allowable as a business expense, much to the chagrin of my client, as it is something that they would have to pay even if they were not trading.

Thanks (0)
Share this content