Share this content



Didn't find your answer?

Has anyone tried to recoup a company's PAYE overpayment by offsetting against a corporation tax liability?

It's common knowledge that overpayments of PAYE are taking many months to be refunded and I have an opportunity to advise a client to reduce his CT payment to recover monies owed to the company.

Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By johngroganjga
16th Aug 2015 14:19

It would be perfectly fair and logical to do so, but unless the sum in question was very large I would guess that getting HMRC to understand and account for what had happened would take forever and be a soul-destroying process. Presumably the client has no ongoing PAYE liabilities that the overpayment can be deducted from?

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts