Share this content

CTSA payment reference

CTSA payment reference

Time to pay my corporation tax again. Just like last year, I've lost the payment slip! Via the HMRC online service I can get my company's UTR, but I need to know what suffix goes on the end to make the payment via BACS. ISTR it was 0101A before, but is that still true?
carl warnell


Please login or register to join the discussion.

28th Oct 2005 16:50

Phoned the accounts office...
I phoned the accounts office up in the end. Format was UTR (10 digits)+A00104A.

Thanks (0)
By Anonymous
28th Oct 2005 13:29

Format of a CT reference number
The format that I usually see with CTSA reference numbers is as follows :-

999 88888 88888 A 01

TRANSLATED as follows :-

999 = District number
(this can change with IRO or registered office changes)


88888 88888 = UTR
(this stays the same for life)

A 01 = 1st Accounting period

A 02 = 2nd Accounting period

A 03 = 3rd Accounting period



I don't know about the "0101A" reference that you are quoting maybe you should be quoting
"A 01" ?

Thanks (0)
By rjshaul
23rd Jul 2009 14:39

Corporation Tax payment reference
HMRC have a referece checker

Thanks (0)
Share this content