Date of birth was wrong for last 2 tax years

How to correct the past?

Didn't find your answer?

Director's date of birth has been reported wrongly for the last two years both on payroll and on his sa return.

Should I make an effort to inform HMRC (although clearly they already know his correct dob) or should I just do it right going forward?

Replies (3)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By K81
17th Apr 2023 09:51

just correct going forward. HMRC have reported that this is a common mistake.

Thanks (1)
Replying to K81:
By Moonbeam
17th Apr 2023 10:11

And I thought it was just me being stupid! Thank you - I feel a bit better.

Thanks (1)
Replying to Moonbeam:
By Hugo Fair
17th Apr 2023 11:20

By 'correct it' I presume you just mean report the correct value in the next FPS?

In which case, that is what I would do ... BUT then keep an eye open in the next few days/weeks for any sign that HMRC have had difficulty in matching this person's data to the previous records they already hold.
[I've not encountered this before - but, since DoB is such an intrinsic part of the data set they use to match a person's records, I would have expected a problem in the past or the future].

FWIW it might be worth him requesting a state pension forecast in a month or two's time ... just to check that they haven't been allocating his data to a spurious 'duplicate' account?

Thanks (2)