Share this content

Development costs.

Development costs.

Didn't find your answer?

Hi All,

Very easy and straight forward question, just to double check my thinking is in line with the rules and correct accounting treatment is applied.

Property has incurred some costs: legal, architectural ad consultancy in the course of obtaining a permission to be converted into residential property. We are capitalising these costs in the accounts... Is that correct and how strict is HMRC with this?

Replies (1)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

Hallerud at Easter
10th Nov 2015 14:26

What is intention?

What is intention with the property?

It carried as stock for resale I would debit purchases with the costs and then consider lower of cost and NRV at year end, if held as investment I would debit the fixed asset in the balance sheet, as implied in the question.

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts