Julie Madd
Share this content

Director working abroad & PAYE

Director working abroad & PAYE

A director is working abroad for up to of 2 years, he is still employed by the UK company but just working in a 'branch' office. The director has decided to have there UK salary taxed in the foreign country where he is now based.

The accountants based abroad have opened a local tax file & have stated that it is acceptable to proceed with this.

My main concern is how will I treat this director with regard to PAYE & our UK payroll, do they remain on our payroll with nil earnings or do I need to submit forms to HMRC ?

I didn't think it would be prudent to give a director of the company a P45.

If anyone could clarify the correct procedure, it would be greatly appreciated.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.

Share this content