Share this content

Do i need an FCA registration?

Do i need to register with FCA to act for a mortgage business

Didn't find your answer?

Hi Folks, 

 I have been approached by a client (to act as their accountant)  intending to start a business providing mortgage advice , sells insurance and business protection etc since this scope falls within the financial services , do i need to register with FCA. I have contacted my professional body still waiting for their reply but in the meanwhile can you kindly share your views, also any other advise is welcome. Thankyou. 

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Ranse
13th Jan 2021 09:45

if i remember the details exactly - you only register for "exempt services" through your professional body if you are "providing financial services" , since you are only acting as accountant , i think you are fine....maybe others who deal with such business can advise

Thanks (1)
By johnt27
15th Jan 2021 12:53

No you don't unless you intend to offer these type of services in which case a DPB licence or FCA registration would be needed. This new client may have a statutory audit or CASS audit requirement which only registered auditors can provide.

Thanks (1)
Share this content