Share this content

Dormant Co.

Dormant Co.

Never had this before but i am assuming no issues.

Dormant company is now trading (since april)... they have not informed HMRC that they are now trading.

As long as CT600 is filed etc i assume there will be no penalties, or do you need to inform HMRC?

PAYE scheme has been up and running since then.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

By dreamcatcher
11th Nov 2011 09:17

Technically HMRC should always be informed within 3 months of a company starting its first accounting period (ie when the company comes into charge to Corporation tax).  So assuming the company in question started on 1 April then it should have informed HMRC by 30 June.

This can either be done by completing a form CT41G or by writing a letter to the relevant tax office.

I have never seen a penalty issued for failing to do this.  Just complete a CT41G and send it to HMRC then you have done your bit.

Thanks (2)
Share this content