We have recently had a new build residential estate built for 6 properties (all freehold) on a private road last year. It has a simple shared driveway to everyones prive parking spaces, along with a very small strip of landscaping, lighting and a wastewater treatment plant. On completion, all residents agreed to take on the self-management of the limited company to management/maintain the wastewater treatment plant and landscaped areas, rather than employ a management company.
As this is the first year of filing accounts/statements, given the company status i really needed some help/advice on whatwe should be doing? I have put a summary of details below and would appreciate your steer on what is likely to be needed to be done:
- Company type - Private company limited by guarantee without share capital
- Purpose of company - to manage the communal aspects of the estate. Each house (6 in total) pay in a monthly fee to cover the cost of running the electric for the lights/wastewater treatment plant, Environmental Agency permit, Public Liability Insurance, emptying/service of the waste water treatment plant, general maintenance of the driveway/landscaped areas only. It is essentially only to cover costs, no profit is made, just a surplus for repiars.
- Current HMRC status - dormant company
My questions i have are:
- Given HMRC say it is dormant company (filed by the developers accountants), and say we do not need to file a company tax return until 2024, presume we do not submit anything to the HMRC?
- Given the described above should it be classifed as a 'dormant company'?
- What should we file on Companies House for the accounts in terms of type of accounts/figures? should it be classed as a dormant company?
- I presume we would still file a confirmation statement?
- Is there anything else we need to file as a company?
Appreciate your responses on the following.