Share this content

Foreign pension contributions

Foreign pension contributions

Client is UK resident (but not domiciled) and pays personal pension contributions to a German company. Can he claim tax relief on these payments?



Please login or register to join the discussion.

06th Aug 2009 12:11

QROPS pensions
I know nothing about QROPs but you should google QROPs, and see if you can find the answer you want.

So far as I am aware this is all concerned with pensions transfers [when you emigrate or immigrate] and I do not see how a payment to a foreign scheme can be claimed on page 3 or 4 of the Self assessment return. It has to be a Qualifying pensions payment, under section 192 or 193, and I am sure foreign pension schemes are not allowed.

For instance a USA IRA pensions payment [Individual Retirement Account] carries no weight with HMRC!!

Thanks (0)
Share this content