Share this content

Happy St Andrew's Day !

Didn't find your answer?

Happy St Andrew's Day to all our Scottish forum members !!

Replies (10)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

paddle steamer
By DJKL
30th Nov 2021 16:42

Given what St Andrews the place cost me in accommodation and other costs not sure I'd want to celebrate St Andrew that much, they had a perfectly respectable university in Edinburgh they could have gone to but instead both decided on St Andrews to try to bankrupt their parents.

Thanks (0)
Replying to DJKL:
RLI
By lionofludesch
30th Nov 2021 16:56

DJKL wrote:

Given what St Andrews the place cost me in accommodation and other costs not sure I'd want to celebrate St Andrew that much, they had a perfectly respectable university in Edinburgh they could have gone to but instead both decided on St Andrews to try to bankrupt their parents.

Are they golfers ?

Thanks (0)
Replying to lionofludesch:
paddle steamer
By DJKL
30th Nov 2021 17:01

No, I suspect getting away from parents was their main motive.

Thanks (0)
Replying to DJKL:
RLI
By lionofludesch
30th Nov 2021 17:14

DJKL wrote:

No, I suspect getting away from parents was their main motive.

Maybe you've already hit on the reason - Edinburgh is a perfectly respectable university.

Thanks (0)
Replying to lionofludesch:
paddle steamer
By DJKL
30th Nov 2021 17:36

Respectable re how their degrees are viewed rather than the behaviour of the student population (unless that has greatly improved since the early 80s)

Thanks (0)
Replying to DJKL:
RLI
By lionofludesch
30th Nov 2021 17:45

DJKL wrote:

Respectable re how their degrees are viewed rather than the behaviour of the student population (unless that has greatly improved since the early 80s)

Ah right.

That must've been some storm up there last week. The Daily Express had Holyrood blown across to somewhere near Glenrothes on their map last week.

Thanks (0)
Replying to DJKL:
avatar
By Hugo Fair
30th Nov 2021 17:00

I'm sure they weren't really trying to bankrupt their parents ... probably just stress-testing their planned inheritance!

Thanks (1)
Replying to DJKL:
By Duggimon
01st Dec 2021 09:27

DJKL wrote:

Given what St Andrews the place cost me in accommodation and other costs not sure I'd want to celebrate St Andrew that much, they had a perfectly respectable university in Edinburgh they could have gone to but instead both decided on St Andrews to try to bankrupt their parents.

Ah St Andrews, the England of Scotland.

Thanks (0)
Replying to Duggimon:
RLI
By lionofludesch
01st Dec 2021 09:34

Duggimon wrote:

Ah St Andrews, the England of Scotland.

Surely that's Berwick.

Thanks (1)
A Putey FACA
By Arthur Putey
30th Nov 2021 17:58

In other news, Prince Andrew's Day has been cancelled ....

Thanks (1)
Share this content