How do I close my Agents Services Acc with HMRC

How do I close my Agents Services Account with HMRC

Didn't find your answer?

I have now retired and sold my small Practice and want to close my Agents Services Account with HMRC. I have looked through Home and Manage Account and can't see a link to do this. Could anyone help?

Replies (4)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Tom+Cross
22nd May 2024 15:56

Enjoy your retirement Anne.
I can only think that the agent maintainer team, need to be contacted.
I'd suggest the address, in this;
"If you are a new agent and are applying for an Agent Code, or your name and/or address details change, write to the Agent Maintainer team: HMRC, CAAT, Longbenton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1ZZ. Taxpayer records are updated automatically for SA and COTAX – but for other systems you need to give details of each client".

Thanks (0)
By Geoff56
22nd May 2024 17:08

Scroll down to:
HMRC Agent Services
Change of circumstances - Cessation

Thanks (1)
23rd May 2024 14:33

I kept mine open so that I could complete my own tax returns.

Thanks (0)
Replying to J M BOYD:
By FactChecker
23rd May 2024 23:50

That's an expensive solution to a non-problem isn't it it?

Thanks (2)