Share this content

How does an MEP pay tax & NI in UK


Didn't find your answer?

I have a client who has become an MEP. What does he need to do to ensure he pays NI and tax in the UK? Is this handled through SA tax return or do they have to contact HMRC?

Replies (2)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By bernard michael
07th Oct 2019 13:46

In answer to your question, probably slowly, but look at this web site from an existing MEP

They appear to have multiple allowances but have to produce accounts 6 monthly

Thanks (0)
By Jdopus
07th Oct 2019 15:27

As far as I'm aware they follow normal rules for residency. As long as your client is resident within the UK then they'll have to file a UK tax return for their SA100.

Have them check they meet the UK residency tests detailed here:

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts