I know that I’m undercharging for the below service and need to increase fees, so would be interested in what others would charge.
This is for semi-regular company acquisitions for 2 separate clients, although I do pick up the odd other one-off jobs for non-clients:
1. Some DD work pre-offer;
2. Advice on accounting/tax/cash implications of SPA, liasing with solicitors re amending wording etc;
3. CoSec work on completion - stock transfers, change Reg Office, change PSCs;
4. Review of completion accounts prepared by seller’s accountants, usually making amendments & advising client of changes, items to be argued etc. Communication with solicitors and accountants;
Sometimes, the following is needed:
5. Further analysis and communication with solicitors, prep letters & reports for legal proceedings;
6. Letters & reports for Expert Determination etc;
If it’s relevant, I’m a Manchester based sole practitioner with 1 FT qualified, 1PT qualified, 1 FT AAT trainee.
The trainee does the CoSec work, one of the quals reviews/does the completion accounts, I do the rest of the work.