Share this content

How to account for sale of company

Didn't find your answer?

My client has company A ltd which he deposits cash into and I account for this in the DLA. They also have B ltd and C ltd which A ltd has majority shares in. They transfer the money from A ltd to B ltd and C ltd to fund things like stock and purchase of rental properties. They have recently sold C ltd so have received cash in the bank of A ltd for this. They have then transferred this cash directly to B ltd. I assume this all has to go through the P&L as income in A ltd and be subject to corporation tax? Is there any tax relief available for this?  

Replies (3)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By zarar
26th Jun 2019 00:25

How was it sold? Were the shares sold?

Thanks (0)
By Tax Dragon
26th Jun 2019 06:24

There's not a lot of point posting that anonymously, since you'll have to engage in discussion to explain the situation more clearly if you want anything like a relevant answer.

Tbh, in order to get a relevant answer, you'll probably need to go through the accounts with someone to explain what is where. You might as well save us and yourself time and find yourself a local corporate tax advisor now.

Thanks (2)
By johngroganjga
27th Jun 2019 17:36

If the "cash in the bank" A Ltd has received is the proceeds of sale of its shares in C Ltd it will have a profit or loss on a sale of its shares to account for.

If it's a profit, check whether SSE exempts it from corporation tax.

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts