I guess this is intended to get some thoughts rather than asking a question.
I just wondered how everyone runs their pratice - in other words, what sort of systems do you have in the practice for: -
1. Accounts production (VT?)
2. Book-keeping (Xero?)
3. Payroll (Moneysoft?)
4. Tax returns/CT600s (TaxCalc?)
5. Filing of accounting records (lever arch files or paperless?)
6. Filing of client book-keeping records (as above?)
7. Deadline reminders (spreadsheet/IRIS?)
8. Storage of client computerised records (hard drive/Dropbox?)
9. Timing systems (such as how long after the year-end do you aim to have the accounts produced by?)
10. Management accounts (how long after the end of the month/quarter do you aim to have them prepared by?)
I guess there's never going to be a book published called 'How to run a successful accountancy practice' so in the meantime it would be really good to get everyone's thoughts on what they use.