Share this content

How to treat the foreign income?

How to treat the foreign income?

Hi All,

I have a client resident but not domiciled in the UK for the tax year 2014/15 (second year of Uk residency). She sold a property in Italy and also gets a state pension from Italy.

My understanding is that she has to complete a tax return and she has to refer to the double treaty with the Italy which says for the pension and capital gains that it is taxable there.


Could you please confirm if i'm supposed to include the above income/gains and claim foreign tax relief in her tax return or leave them out without need of completing the return.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.

Share this content