Share this content

IHT planning .. accountant, solicitor or IFA

IHT planning who is likely to offer best advice .. solicitor, IFA or accountant

Didn't find your answer?

I have a client who needs advice about making significant lifetime gifts and IHT planning generally.

It is a specialist area that I would not advise in.

Just wondered who people generally feel offer best advice in this area? A good Chartered IFA or Chartered Planner, a solicitor or a larger Accountancy practice?

Many thanks

Replies (3)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

By Justin Bryant
21st Jul 2020 08:37

I am pretty good at IHT advice and am a dual qualified solicitor & ICAEW.

Thanks (0)
Hallerud at Easter
21st Jul 2020 09:45

I would go for a solicitor who is likely also a CTA and is involved with STEP.

If in Edinburgh/Scotland I can personally recommend John McArthur

Thanks (0)
By Tax Dragon
21st Jul 2020 11:59

I see my initial reply (applauding your

soundadvice wrote:

It is a specialist area that I would not advise in

comment) has not made it to the web.

I have attended STEP sessions with accountants, tax advisors and solicitors. You're going to get good and bad wherever you go, but if I had to choose a section of that audience from which an advisor would be selected at random, I too think it would be the solicitors. (If you want personal recommendation... what part of the country are you looking in?)

Thanks (0)
Share this content

Related posts