Share this content

Income tax loss against CGT

Where on the tax return?

I have a self employed loss of £10000 and rental income of £2000

I also have a £100000 taxable gain for CGT 

I need to claim £2000 of the loss against the rental income first (box 33 of the short SE pages) But where do I show the £8000 against the CGT? box 34 seems to only concern itself with the previous year?

Makes no sense to me??


Please login or register to join the discussion.

28th Jan 2019 14:44

On the CG pages

Thanks (0)
Share this content