So I am fairly new in the taxation field with just under a years experience. I soon will be enrolling into the ATT-CTA pathway and there isn't much insight into the course from searching online. So I thought i ask some questions here and see if i get any responses. I have the following questions for those with ATT-CTA experience:
- How was the work-study-life balance whilst completing your ATT and CTA modules respectively?
- How many hours did you study per week for an paper exam and CBE respectively at ATT and CTA level?
- How difficult are the ATT and CTA exams respectively?
- For anyone with accounting experience at university or in prior job/qualifications, did it make it easier to cover ATT content and complete your exams in your experience?
- Who is the best course provider for the pathway?
- After your ATT is complete, how long do you realistically expect it takes to complete your CTA?
- What is the best strategy in working through the pathway? e.g do CBE's first and then exams or another method.
- is possible to prepare and complete two paper exams in one sitting with respect to ATT, whilst also working? or would you recommend one paper exam every Nov/May
Also some questions related from a career perspective:
- in your experience did the CTA deliver a great benefit from an educational and salary standpoint?
- Are you taken more seriously in your company/team as a result of obtaining the qualification?
- after completing the pathway, did you seek to move jobs straightaway? if so, is it fairly simple to obtain a new job?
Sorry if i am asking too many questions, but there seems to be lack of detailed insight with respect to this qualifcation. I would be very greatful and appreciative of your thoughts.